WHAT'S GOIN' ON?

Trying to live a practical, but compassionate life towards all living creatures (animal, mineral, vegetable, humanable) without being a self-righteous ass.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

muffin-ahj


Cupcakes are all the rage right now... I don't really know why. Anyway, I never used to make muffins and cupcakes because in my memory, digging them out of the pans and then washing them was a PAIN. But last summer I realized I had alllll these paper muffin cups that I think Fernando bought ages ago, so I might as well use them, and there'd be no washing up problems.

I have to say, muffins are quite handy. I can freeze them and just take out a couple at a time, so there's less possibility of a pick-out-ahj. And when I made cupcakes for Christmas, they were so cute, and so moist... I was sold.

I'll keep using the paper cups, since they've already been purchased, but to continue to use them is obviously Not Quite the Thing environment wise. But I don't want to go back to trying to prise them out of the pan too... so I may invest in some silicone liners! So cute! But when you read the reviews, some obviously work better than others, so brand awareness will be necessary.

What I secretly yearn for are the heart shaped ones!

No comments: